Saturday, February 22, 2014

Leather Canteen

For Sale: $75




Here I have a reproduction of a medieval canteen that has been formed using wheat and a wooden dowel. The canteen was then allowed to dry and was stain dark brown. Last spring/summer I had my kids and niece's collecting tree sap or resin from pine trees wherever we were camped at.  As soon as I had enough tree resin, I melted it down and poured the liquid into the canteen and allowed it to completely cover the inside. Once the resin dried, it made the inside completely water tight without any after taste of sap.  I then melted bees wax on my home stove and brushed it over the outside of the canteen.  I then set the canteen in my oven at 200 degrees until the wax had completely absorbed the wax, making the outside completely water proof.  I plan on making bigger versions of this as well as add more shape options. Due to the amount of work that goes into this I would start my price for these at $85 for this size and $115 - $130 for larger sizes.  Of coarse they would be equipped with a shoulder strap for carrying.

6 comments:

  1. id buy this....email me at : chrisjudd9909@hotmail.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. id buy this....email me at : chrisjudd9909@hotmail.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. leather shoulder holsters

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. leather gun holsters

    ReplyDelete